Monday 2 February 2009

Yeah, Well You're Two Penises Short of a Shania Twain Reimagining!


Hey kids! There's a new issue of Gallery out in stores and available on the internet for the low, low price of completely free. This month I confront my issues with Brad Pitt, go on and on about how Penelope Cruz and Scarlett Johannson make out in Woody Allen's new flick and make the stunning (yet entirely true) revelation that Jason Biggs invented the institution of marriage. Go! Go! Go!

In other news I went to see 'Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist' last night - awesome! A love story told across one New York night filled with music and magic and plenty of funny shit. Michael Cera again puts in a stand out performance matching his usual geeky charm with a bit of a rock star edge. The rest of the cast are great too, especially Norah (I dare you not to fall in love at the same time as Nick does) and Nick's ex Tris who whilst a complete bitch still manages to show why Nick would be so hopefully in love with her in the first place. There's also a great indie soundtrack filled to the brim with what the kids are dancing to. It made me want to spend a night wandering around New York. Check it out.

It may be sacrilege but I maybe enjoyed it more than Slumdog Millionaire. Don't get me wrong, I loved Slumdog and it is probably the greater cinematic achievement. It's just that N&N seems like a film that was made for me... not specifically... but it's a film that connected with me on a deeper level that normal. Where I am in my life right now this film meant more to me than Slumdog. That being said I won't begrudge Slumdog any of the Oscars that seem to be coming its way.

Peace

Steve

No comments: