Thursday 24 January 2008

AVPVSTE: Again




This week I have been all about watching movies. I have seen some excellent ones... Eagle vs Shark is a delightfully quirky comic treat, Hot Rod is destined to find an audience as the new Anchorman (It has my heroes The Lonely Island Boys starring) and Superbad is just awesome, I think I've been over how much I worship at the alter of Judd Apatow / Seth Rogen / Michael Cera. I have also seen a terrible movie, Alien vs Predator: Requiem. Now I could probably write a whole fucking thesis on the problems with this thing. I could try and write you a review but I don't think I have time to scratch the surface. Citing Wikipedia...

'Primary criticisms included a weak script (particularly the human storyline), too many homages to the previous films, cardboard characters, terrible pacing, its gratuitous scenes involving pregnant women's and children's deaths, and the unintelligible fight sequences between the Predator, the Aliens and the Predalien (the last being attributed to poor lighting).'

That isn't even mentioning the clearly tacked on irrelevant and confusing sequel baiting ending. Don't ask me what the fuck was going on there. You could ask those responsible but I doubt even they now. It's probably improv. The sad thing is I actually liked it better than the first one.
CONSIDER YOURSELF WARNED!

If you want something good involving Alien and Predator hed to this here comic where Alien and Predator are comically mismatched roommates. I must warn you, Hi-jinks ensue!!!


Peace

Steve


No comments: